Tuesday, July 15, 2008

~A Princess and A Castle~


While our son and DIL vacationed in St. John's, we spent some time with our two grandbabies, Ella: almost 4, and Jackson, 9 mos. One afternoon, we picnicked at Squire's Castle, part of our Emerald Necklace parks system. It was built in the 1890's by the founder of the Standard Oil Co. It sits on 545 acres. Squire's Castle was built as the GateKeeper's House to a future estate that was never built. The Metro Parks acquired it in 1925. The walking paths wind through breathtaking grounds.

I've been intriqued with Squire's Castle since I was a small girl. I couldn't wait to see Ella's reaction to it, as like most little girls, she LOVES playing "Princess".

She didn't disappoint me: Her eyes lit up as she insisted on dancing with "The Prince" (her Grandpa). It was a magical afternoon I hope she'll always remember. I know I will.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Wow what a beautiful place! I came by to say thank you for the nice comment you left on my blog!!