Turkey time! My favorite holiday meal-of-the-year tomorrow, AND my grandbabies and whole family will be here!! How lucky can a very tired lady get??
Katie came yesterday and we worked into the evening. Lots of orders to go to the PO today.
Pumpkin pies are in the oven.....the tables are ready to set......all the prep for potatoes, stuffing, appetizers will be completed this evening. Jim gets off today at 3 pm which is a huge help AND he loves to cook! Again.....I'm a lucky gal.
For now....I have promised myself to spend the next 6 hours in the studio working on orders since I'll be taking the rest of the day and tomorrow off. Katie and Fannie will come back and spend the day Saturday in the studio with me.
We'll be saving these to make tomorrow. They're DELICIOUS!
Pumpkin Pie Martinis
This recipe only serves one, so you need to double, triple it etc. for your guests~
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 ounce of vanilla vodka
- 1.5 ounces Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 1/3 cup half & half
- 3 tablespoons of pumpkin puree (from a can is fine)
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- cinnamon and sugar
1. In a shaker combine the ice, vodka, Bailey’s, half & half, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice. Shake vigorously until chilled.
2. Use a napkin to wet the rim of a martini glass. Combine equal parts cinnamon and sugar on a plate. Roll the rim in the mixture.
3. Pour the martini in to the prepared martini glass and sprinkle with more pumpkin pie spice (if desired).
Rosie and I have lots to do. We were both up at 3 am sneaking around the kitchen and dreaming about tomorrow....so I best gather her up and head to the studio. Have a beautiful, thankful Day-Before-the-Turkey wherever you are in this world~