Wednesday, August 19, 2009

~Shaker Woods Festival 2009~Part II~



We had our second beautiful weekend at Shaker Woods Festival in Columbiana, OH this past weekend. The crowds were never-ending, in spite of the heat.

I saw many of my 'old' customers who bought my Ragamuffin dolls for their children eons ago. As one sweet customer put it, "I'm continuing the tradition by buying them for my grandbabies". Since it's been 8 long years since I did the show circuit....this really warms my heart. I wondered if my customers were still out there. They are!!

One of the most rewarding parts of doing shows is the comraderie between artists. Although I do have some very close artist friends I see on a regular basis, I've really missed this. It's a sharing of ideas, joys, woes, etc. that you really can't get anywhere else. It's invigorating, and leaves you going home energized and ready to hit the studio and continue producing for the shows ahead. At the present time...I have 8 more....one of which is the three-weekend Yankee Peddler Festival, which is 3 weekends in September....and really counts as 3 shows-rolled-into-one. So, I have 11 more!!

My Cheeky Monkeys and Vintage Rabbits were big sellers. I sold out......so that is what I'm working on this week.




















That said.....I best stop typing and get back to work in the studio. If you're anywhere in the Ohio or PA area this coming weekend.....plan on stopping by. You won't be sorry~

7 comments:

Darlene said...

It sounds like you had a fabulous show with your monkeys and rabbits selling out!!! I am telling you again, if I was ANYWHERE near I would be attending. It sounds like a wonderful show.

Mel said...

Awesome! You know we'll see you next month at YP for sure!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Wish I could stop by!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Carol, on selling out of several of your items! With the economy in such a tough place, it speaks volumes to the quality and creativity of your work that your customers---old and new---keep coming back for more. Wish I was geographically closer so I could see you and your creations at these festivals.
Love you-
Kathi

Lynne Bolar Clark said...

How I wish I could come see you at your show in September! So glad to hear you're enjoying the time and having such great success selling.

Amy said...

Just stopping by to see what's new with you. I always check in on your Mom and her condition, too. My best to you.
Hugs!
Amy

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....