Tuesday, May 19, 2009

~Back to Business As Usual~

I haven't been around much this month, so thought I'd do a 'catch-up' post. May is flying by, and starting with Tom and Amy's Engagement last month....our family has rolled from one excitement to the next...filled with high school proms, college graduations, their parties, estate sales and antiquing, and of course....lots of time in the studio!

This past weekend, my niece, Katie, (not to be confused with my little Amish friend, Katie) went to the senior prom on Friday nite. Over 30 couples met at one of the girl's houses for pictures. Katie looked just elegant. Her date, though 'just a friend' we were told, was just dear. A perfect gentlemen. He will be off to the U of Toledo to study Pharmacy in the fall. Katie is finishing her sophomore year at of high school in our little town. (She's the one in the pale yellow dress) It was great fun to see all the guys and gals all dressed up. I know quite definitely why God gave me boys: I would NEVER have allowed a daughter of mine to wear some of those way-too-revealing dresses! What were their mothers thinking????



On Saturday, we were invited by Katie's sister, Maggie, to accompany her to the Baccalaureate Mass at John Carroll University. We went back to her Mom's house afterward for a BBQ, where we had the pleasure of being joined by Alison's (Maggie's good friend and fellow-JCU-graduate) family. They flew in from all over the country.

Sunday was a beautiful day for the graduation, which was held on the picturesque grounds of John Carroll. Maggie graduated Magna Cum Laude, and will continue on to law school come September. She's a beautiful, talented young lady that we are all so very proud of. She's worked hard at her accomplishments.




















So....Monday it was "Back to Business As Usual", as Katie (yes, the amish Katie!) came. We talked, laughed, talked, sewed, cooked, talked....til late into the nite. When she left this morning, we both agreed we each had joyful spirits that should last us til our next visit!



This photo shows some of the Halloween Witch Angels we started on. As you can see, I have my work cut out for me. The poor dears need their heads!!

Antique shops and estate sales in the area have been terrific. I've picked up lots of goodies, including lots of old cutter quilts to use for my vintage rabbits and santas. Now if those elves would truly stop by this year.....

I'm off to fill orders and begin packing for our upcoming vacation. So until then, it's 'Business As Usual' here at RoseCreekCottage Studios!

~I hope you each continue journeying through May with joyful spirits and full hearts~

11 comments:

Lynne Bolar Clark said...

My heart feels a little lighter for you knowing that you've experienced some joy recently. Each day holds its own possibilities. I hope tomorrow is as bright. Hugs!

rosecreekcottage-carol.blogspot.com said...

Thank you, Lynne. Faith! Hugs back at you!!

Mel said...

~*Angel Hugs*~ girlfriend! You are always in my heart!

rosecreekcottage-carol.blogspot.com said...

Mel...you know you are in mine, too!
xoxoxoxox

Suldog said...

Your last sentence... You, Too!

Papier Creatif said...

Hi Carol!

Congratulations on all the great blessings in your life! Prom and top of the class - can't beat that! And how industrious you are with the little witchie-poos! They are darling even with their heads missing! Cannot wait to see them flying around on their little broomsticks! ;)

{Hugs}

Juls~

Anonymous said...

So glad that you had the prom and graduation time with those gals, and that a vacation is on your close horizon as well. You richly deserve every bit of joy that comes your way, dear one!

Love,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Well I'll say you're busy! This time of year is always so hectic though! Good luck getting it all done:)

Audrey said...

I am with you on having boys!! I have two and wouldn't trade them for girls for any amount of money. I drive a school bus and sometimes when I see a girl going to school, I want to tell her to go back to the house and put some clothes on!!
Katie has a beautiful dress and the pics look great!

rosecreekcottage-carol.blogspot.com said...

Jim....Thank you!

Juls....Thank you!! Life has many many blessings, indeed.

Kathi....xoxoxox

Nancy...I know that YOU know how busy this time of the year is for us!

Audrey....I'm glad it's not just me!! Honestly...are these mothers naive or what????

Woman in a Window said...

Such busy times for you and your family. Hold 'em tight 'cause they sure do grow fast.