Friday, December 2, 2011

~Candy Cane Bark~


One of my favorite Christmas traditions is baking cookies. It was something my mom always did as soon as Thanksgiving was over. She had her traditional ones which my sister and I still bake, but I have added my own 'traditions' over my many years of marriage.

One of our favorites is Candy Cane Bark. It not only tastes 'Christmasy', but looks beautiful on cookie trays, too. And...it's easy!

Candy Cane Bark

1 lb. dark chocolate (I used 1/2 semisweet and 1/2 bittersweet)
1 lb. white chocolate
6 oz. (1 regular package) candy canes, crushed

1. Melt dark chocolate over a double boiler until smooth. Spread in an even layer on a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Place in freezer to harden, approx. 30 minutes.

2. Melt white chocolate over a double boiler until smooth. Spread (with an offset spatula) on top of the dark chocolate layer. Working quickly before white chocolate sets, sprinkle the crushed candy canes on top and gently press into the chocolate. Refrigerate until complete hard and set, at least 2 hours.

3. Break into pieces by inserting tip of knife to crack into pieces. Enjoy!

Rosie and I are off to the studio extra early this morning (the orders are stacked to the ceiling) with Peppermint Mocha Coffee and, of course, some Candy Cane Bark. I know I know...it's breakfast time, but hey: Tis the Season!



5 comments:

Rebecca Nelson said...

Oh my gosh...fabulous and easy! Love it! Thanks for sharing girly....need some new treats for this year! Looks yummy!

Happy December to you and blessings for a lovely season of light~

xoRebecca

Kat said...

I love that stuff. I'm going to have to try and make it now. Thanks for the recipe! :)

Both of those photos just make me feel so giddy and warm. :)

Sandi McBride said...

I have to wait till Mac is out of the house and actually out of town before I make this...he loves it so much he'd eat it all in a day! You're a doll to share the recipe with everyone...
hugs
Sandi

Jules~ said...

Thank you for sharing the recipe. I never realized it would be so easy to make. Guess what will be in the tins this year along with our usual biscotti.

Blessings to you and Rosie today.

Jules~ said...

I made your peppermint bark yesterday. Everyone loved it. But I am afraid I did something wrong. How do you keep the chocolate layers from separating when you break it into pieces?