Friday, February 6, 2009

~FingerPrint Friday~


There's a song by Steven Curtis Chapman called "Fingerprints", that goes:

"I can see the fingerprints of God
When I look at you
I can see the fingerprints of God
And I know it's true
You're a masterpiece
That all creation quietly applauds
And you're covered with the fingerprints of God."



From the first moment you feel a little life growing inside you, you love him. Deeply. You raise him as best you can. You nurture him physically. You teach him the necessary tools he will need to travel life's paths. You give him a strong foundation of values. And hopefully, you place him on the right spiritual path. And then.....you give him wings to fly on his own....much like a mother bird gently, encouragingly, pushing her little ones out of the nest. And then.....you pray that what you did was enough.


Tom.....I couldn't be more proud of you. You have been our rock these past few weeks. Always there. Steadfast. Through the tears. The fears. You reversed the role of child/parent so fearlessly. With great strength. I love you for that. You are the perfect example of the Fingerprints of God in action.


xoxoxoxox

Your Mom


Take a peak at Beki's blog to see links to more Fingerprints.


Have a blessed Friday....wherever you are!



20 comments:

April said...

Carol~
That song is definitely one of my all-time favorites! This was such heartfelt post...and that photo...so very sweet! The love and admiration you have for your son shines through. Sure sounds like you've been richly blessed! Happy Friday to ya!♥

artsyclay said...

Awwwwwww ~ so precious! I have 3 sons and so far 2 are dads. It is a wonderful thing to see them bonding with their children. Have a blessed Friday!

Rosebud Collection said...

What a beautiful fingerprint..To me one of the best.."they will help change the world"..always my thoughts.

Periwinkle Studio said...

What a beautiful post! I have two boys and one just moved out on his own.
Blessings to you and your family! :)

Suldog said...

And a blessed Friday to you, too!

Darlene said...

That is such a beautiful post and picture. Hope you have a wonderful Friday.♥

Connie said...

What a sweet post and pix on your lovely child, honey! I love when moms talk about their children - grown or otherwise!
Smooches chick,
Connie

Anonymous said...

It is so great to meet you Carol. Your blog is beautiful. And the jewlery you make is incredible! Look forward to all that you share here. Have a super weekend!!!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Not sure how I got here to your Site, but what an inspirational post and photo. I also scrolled down to see the photo of your mother holding you as a child. So interesting that I did the exact same thing two posts ago.
Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

Wow... thank you Mom! I've had some excellent role models. I can only hope that whenever I have children, I can impart upon them the same values and set the same examples as you and Dad have done for me. I'm always here to help. You and Dad have always been there to help me.

Thank you so much for letting me take the spotlight in your Fingerprint Friday.

I love you!

-Tom

Mel said...

I saw His fingerprints this afternoon...and yours too...read my post for today.

xoxoxo

The Pink Birdhouse said...

Carol, what a very touching post. I loved reading it, and have gone back to reread it several times, just to take it all in. Thanks for sharing with all. Deborah

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

I love that song!!

This was such a sweet post!

Thanks for stopping by...come back again!

storybeader said...

what a cute photo!

Rosilie said...

That is a very inpiring song and nice pic!

a Pocket Angel said...

Carol, Such a precious photo..
God bless both of them. ~Mary~

Woman in a Window said...

Awwww. That is the sweetest!

Unknown said...

That is a very precious photo. One to save for when that little one grows older.

I love your music and your thoughts.
Thank you for sharing so many precious moments with us!

Have a lovely day.

DorothyL

QuietCypher said...

Very nice song

Meet Joey said...

I am also amazed by your son Tom! You and Uncle Jim raised a strong, wise, and kind kid. His capacity to be supportive comes as no surprise. What you reap, you sew. The kind of man your son is today speaks volumes about his parents. Tommy is the kind of family member who is also a good friend.
-Love, Tom